Saturday, June 9, 2007

Week # 6: Library Thing


Working at the library has created a major sense of realization for me. My first experience with OCLS was my senior year of high school, almost 3 years ago. Back then the only time I took advantage of the library was when my computer at home was "actin up",the printer was out of ink, or there was a new CD released that I couldn't afford to purchase. Other than that I never really took the time to further explore all of its benefits.

I was never aware of all the opportunities and benefits made available by the Orange County Library System until March of this year when I became a proud staff member. Working in the Computer Resource Center (CRC) I've become pretty acquainted with all the technology and technological tools the library puts to use. I must say that my favorite library technology is the computer classes.

As a teenager I would have loved to know that this service was provided. I think it is wonderful to see that as taxpayers our money is being put to great use. Being a college student, I know how vital it is to be computer savvy and how much more marketable you are by doing so. Had I known of these services I could have saved hundreds of dollars.




Cost of a Computer Class in College: $550

Cost of Computer Book for Class: $150

Computer Classes at OCLS: PRICELESS!

"TAKE KNOW FOR AN ANSWER!"

No comments: