Saturday, June 9, 2007

Week # 7: Fun Stuff

This week was a week to sit back and look at the "fun" side of Web 2.0. Some of the applications provided for exploration were fairly interesting. I took particular interest in Traineo. Traineo is a great motivational website to use when trying to keep track of your weight loss and fitness. You can select your motivators, keep track of your diet, speak to others with the same goal, and visualize your progress all at one site! Extremely convenient if you ask me! I also enjoyed Blufr and its purpose of helping visitors realizes what rumors are facts and which are myths.

Here's a few interesting facts I came across:

  • While not called Harvey Hare, the famous cartoon was first called "Happy Rabbit" until being later changed to Bugs Bunny.

  • The Smurfs, a cartoon about a village of tiny blue creatures, was nominated for several Daytime Emmy Awards. It finally won for Outstanding Children's Entertainment Series in 1982-1983.

No comments: